Tuesday, September 14, 2004

a little bit about me

Okay folks, let's get down to the basics. There are a few things you ought to know about me.

I am a skilled chunk hound. When it comes to ice cream (and it does every night for me), I don't believe in flavors without chunks and I am gifted at digging through cartons to make sure I get big ones in every bite. I am regularly reprimanded by my roommate for leaving our ice cream in chunk-free ruins.

I have my nose pierced. (Sorry...this is about as dangerous and rebellious as I get. Does it sound more dramatic if I also mention that I work for a church? No? I didn't think so but it was worth a shot.)

I always sleep on my side.

I have never craved a sandwich.

My boyfriend periodically calls me Evil Jungle Princess. Don’t be alarmed…I am not (usually) evil nor do I hail from a jungle or any sort of royal lineage. This distinguished title really has nothing to do with me personally, rather it is the name of a chicken dish at a local Thai restaurant that he's particularly fond of. My boyfriend isn’t too keen on doling out nicknames or terms of endearment so I have to take what I can get.

I loathe cleaning out the bathtub.

After living by the beach for 26 years, I am finally learning to surf.

I have an aggressively strong (some might call it hyperactive) conscience. Stories about the silly things it has driven me to do should be reserved for another time. Like when I'm in the mood to laugh at myself so hard that I actually shed tears. And pee a little bit. In my pants.

I’m terrible at estimating numbers, i.e. how many people are in a crowd, how much people weigh, how many miles it is between point A and point B, etc. I am also inept at determining when someone has had plastic surgery. (I rely on my roommate for this. She has a special gift.)

I fear public restrooms. Not in a germaphobe kind of way...more like in a don't-want-to-be-raped-and-killed-in-one kind of way. For crying out loud, haven't you people seen the movie Copycat?

My fingers (particularly my thumbs) are freakishly bendable. And I mean freakishly.

In my mind, each number is a different color. This would take a great deal of time to fully explain but basically, it goes like this: zero and one are white with a black outline, two is pink, three is yellow, four is red, five is blue, six is salmon, seven is green, eight is turquoise (most of the time, at least...eight is fickle for me), and nine is maroon. So you can easily understand why the number 4629 (for example) is unattractive in my head. It just doesn't go together, you know? Come to find out this whole color/number thing is a legitimate neurological phenomenon. It has a scientific name and there are books about it and everything. I have been many things in my life but never a "phenomenon" of any kind so I consider this progress. A personal advancement of sorts. Being a neurological phenomenon is definitely a good thing.

Posted by Poka Bean at 5:25 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home