Monday, November 06, 2006

training for the big day

Every time I go to yoga, I fear THIS will be the time I get kicked out of class. It is humanly impossible for me to control my giggling at the mention of the words "yoga practice." As in, "Take a deep breath and focus in on today's yoga practice." What exactly are we practicing for...the big game? A recital? A yogathon? The yogalympics?

It strikes me as funny everytime. It ruins my concentration and prevents me from being able to honor my body and clear my mind of all thoughts and all that crap because all I can think is why not just call it a CLASS. Like normal people.

Posted by Poka Bean at 7:37 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Amy posted at 6:34 AM  
    wait, I know! I know!! You are practicing to be a tree, or a dog, or a...dangit I can't remember the other poses' names. You poser you.

    P.S. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been reading much of anything. I tried really hard to read Stones from the River but I just couldn't get through it and I renewed it once and finally quit and just took it back. I've never failed to complete a book before but this one just didn't grab me at all.
  2. Blogger Amy posted at 12:39 PM  
    I just finished reading Nicholas Sparks' "Dear John" - typical Sparks, easy, nice, comforting read. Nothing will ever be as great as "the Notebook" in my mind, but I doubt he could ever write a book I'd find disappointing.

    I'm headed to the library tonight to pick up Rick Bragg's book that you recommended! I have Charles Frazier's (he wrote Cold Mountain) "Thirteen Moons" at home, too. Can't wait!
  3. Blogger Amy posted at 10:30 AM  
    k, just me again. I picked up Rick Bragg's book that you recommended and it got me on the first page. wow, what a way this man has with words! I'm hoping to spend much of my evening with it tonight! Thanks!

Post a Comment

« Home