Monday, December 06, 2004

i am getting dumber

Exhibit A
On a recent trip to Round Table Pizza to pick up dinner with my roommate Emily, I noticed a large poster on the wall advertising a veggie pizza named "Gueneviere's Garden Delight". I became extremely confused and paused for a moment of reflection...

Me: Oh my gosh, Emily. That's so weird! Why on earth would they name that veggie pizza Gueneviere's Garden Delight? As though the name Gueneviere has anything at all to do with vegetables or pizza. What were they thinking? That is so stupid. There is nothing medieval about veggie pizza!

Emily: Abby...we're at Round. Table. Pizza.

Me: Oh.


Exhibit B
While driving to my office Christmas party last week with my beloved co-worker Krissie (who, I should mention, is notably blonde and fair), we had the following conversation...

Krissie: Hey, you know that volunteer that's been sitting by me recently?

Me: (Nod in acknowledgment of middle-aged black woman who has been sharing her cubicle.)

Krissie: Today she told me I look like Bo Derek.

Me: What!?! Krissie, if anyone in this scenario looks like Bo Derek, it would be your volunteer.

Krissie: Huh?

Me: Wait...who is Bo Derek? Isn't he that black guy that played all the professional sports?

Krissie: No. She's that famous blonde model/actress. I think you're thinking of Bo Jackson.

Me: Oh. Cool! Then maybe you really do look like her!

Honestly, what has become of me?

Posted by Poka Bean at 8:51 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 10:11 AM  
    It's a good thing you're cute.
    Do you ever wonder if there's a universal balance of attractiveness and intelligence? Like if you just didn't do your hair one day you may be able to discover a cure for cancer...

Post a Comment

« Home