Thursday, February 17, 2005

and now, i grovel

A letter to my BFFs
~ The lovely Undercover Celebrity, the one and only Starlet, and the blessed Malin. And actually all of the rest of the female race...I owe you all this apology for breaking the sacred code. ~

Beloved Ladies,

I’m writing to plead for your forgiveness because I am about to do the unthinkable. I am going to ditch out on girl plans to hang out with my man.

I know, I know…this is the lowest of low but in my defense I would simply like to remind you that your men live a) in your own home with you and b) a mere 5 miles down the road so getting to see them on a random weeknight is old hat. Not as in BORING, just as in usual, typical, and routine.

‘Tis not so for the Wallace and I so upon his offer to drive up tonight for a spontaneous, mid-week date, I have decided to forsake all others (that would be you) and jump at the chance. I hope you can find it within your hearts to forgive me and I hope that OC night is good, clean fun. Emphasis on the clean part since Marissa is a total lesbian now and the show is going down the tubes along with the rest of society but nonetheless, all hail the Mighty Seth Cohen in all his glory as he is the sole reason the OC lives on in our hearts and in national syndication.

Again, my deepest apologies for breaking the solemn oath of un-married womanhood. I am fully prepared to except my punishment but if we could hold off on it until AFTER tonight’s date, that would be great. Tar and feathers totally don’t go with my outfit.

Desperately seeking your grace (uh yeah, remember
that book we just finished?),
Love Poka

Posted by Poka Bean at 10:30 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 11:03 AM  
    Dear Evil Troll...

    Ok, just kidding. Who could blame you for wanting to spend a night with that poo-factory of a man?

    Punishment: Two years from today, you must go back and read the blog you just posted. After two years of marriage you will be BEGGING for a girls' night. BEGGING! :)
  2. Blogger Twinkle Twinkle Little Star posted at 12:19 PM  
    Yeah...I'm feeling like a total idiot right now because I just e-mailed Undercover Celebrity and broke the bad news to her that I am also unable (dirty traitor that I am) to attend blessed OC night. Why, you ask? It is an insurmountable force you will soon come to know, oh affianced one...it is the perilous and immovable trump-card that mercilessly plagues the social schedule of every married woman...uprooting any lovingly planned and fondly-looked-forward-to event foolish enough to find itself in her path of carnage...it is none other than...

    (drum roll please)

    ...my Mother-in-law's birthday dinner.

    So fear not, darling Poka Bean, for the OC chain has already been sundered. Lucky for you, it looks like I'll be the one looking for outfits to match tar and feathers tonight. :)

Post a Comment

« Home