Monday, January 03, 2005

mrs abby wallace

Well, luckily I didn't make Jon Wallace so miserable last month that he could no longer bear to be with me. In fact, I think I might have done some sort of reverse psychology voodoo witchcraft on him by writing that post because he up and proposed. That's right, friends, I said proposed. Jon and I are engaged!

Come July, I will finally get to marry the man I adore.

I will get to marry THE Jon Wallace, master of the random but genuinely interesting historical factoid, the gallon jug of water, and the blue shirt.

I will get to marry the man who never loses his cool, the man who truly never needs to ask for directions, the man who loves Ms. Pacman more than anyone else on the great planet Earth.

I will get to marry the man who can make me laugh a deep, gutteral roar from a part of my stomach I never knew existed, the man who never pretends to be anything other than himself, the man who loves wild adventure and travel, and also lazy afternoon naps.

I will get to marry the man who is unafraid of hard work, the man who can eat an entire meal in three bites, the man who desires to live a simple life in jeans and flip flops as much as I do.

I will get to marry the man who has called me EVERY day that we've been together even though he desperately hates the phone, the man who always builds me up, the man who prays for me.

I will get to marry the man who I most respect, the man who keeps Pepsi in business, the man who I will probably never beat at miniature golf.

I will get to marry the man who loves good music and good books, the man who always eats off my plate and lets me eat off his, the man who hates coffee but graciously grins and bears it while I linger over a big cup and lets me kiss him when I'm finished.

I will get to marry the man who is consistently patient with me, the man who loves his friends and family and encourages me in the way I love mine, the man by whose side the simple act of walking feels like spending a cozy day at home.

Come July, I will finally get to marry the only man who has captured both my head and my heart. My one and only.

At last. I will get to marry Jon Wallace. The love of my life.

Posted by Poka Bean at 3:48 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 2:57 PM  
    We've talked about this day more than any other, and not once did I imagine anyone more perfect for you than Jon. He is great. But more importantly, he is befitting of your greatness.
  2. Blogger Nicole Kelley posted at 3:16 PM  
    I am both terribly excited for you and insanely jealous! Your words about Jon are heartfelt and beautiful, and I hope that we can all be so lucky to find someone who we love so much. Congratulations!!!
  3. Blogger Twinkle Twinkle Little Star posted at 12:54 AM  
    SERIOUSLY good idea about using this as your vows. SO SWEET. I am SO happy for my dearest little bean-pie.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:53 PM  
    This Jon is a lucky man to have a woman like you who admires and adores him as you do. Sounds like you're going to make eachother quite happy :)

Post a Comment

« Home