Thursday, February 10, 2005

the other white meat

As I sit here downing my 5th leftover rib from today's lunch meeting (no speeding ticket on the way to pick it up this week, thank you very much), I am wondering why I haven't eaten more ribs in my life. Why, why, WHY?

Why have I not made it a point to consume more of these tender, barbeque-y morsels of juicy, meaty goodness since I first cut teeth and started eating solids?

Why have I forsaken this sloppy, scrumptious meat for so long for that of the cow, or more completely boring, the chicken?

Sweet hallelujah, this stuff is good. HEAR MY WORDS, people. Investigate The Rib and embrace it's magical wonder forever and always.

Posted by Poka Bean at 1:29 PM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:52 PM  
    OK rib-eater. Start looking for a cookbook "365 Ways to Cook Ribs!" It may come in handy one day.
  2. Blogger Twinkle Twinkle Little Star posted at 12:26 AM  
    I know I'll be singing your praises 'round the dinner table very soon for re-opening my eyes to the bar-b-que-y goodness that is The Rib, an item quite forsaken from my diet, quite without reason. I hereby swear solemnly that I will make it a point not to neglect such a worthy-yet-lonely entree, and that I will tend to the pleasing of my tastebuds using this scrumptious treat of a meat at any and every available opportunity. I have spoken.
  3. Blogger Emily posted at 3:18 PM  
    Poka! What has become of you?!Do not buy the lie.

    The ribs, they taunt you with their alluring scent and delicious flavor, but it's all a smoke screen.

    There you are face-deep in your fifth rib. You sit with a heaping pile of bones to your left that make you look as if you are still living in the stone age. You have a bib around your neck and BBQ sauce on either side of your mouth.

    But the story does not end here. Yes, you've eaten five ribs, but they contain approx .25 ounces of meat each. You're going to need 16 ribs total to even scratch the surface of your hunger.

    Not worth it I tell you.

    Next time you have a hankering for that smokey, BBQy goodness, hold your head high and get a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, like the rest of the civilized world.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:39 AM  
    I've never actually eaten ribs. Not that I'm a veg-(attach PC suffix here), it's just that I haven't. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get a bacon cheeseburger like a "civilized" person

Post a Comment

« Home