Monday, May 23, 2005

grab the funk...kick it out...repeat

Jon is well-known by his students and our circle of friends for his theory on dance. It's not something I could do justice by attempting to explain here because it is something you must see to believe. Something you must study to appreciate.

But let us suffice it to say that the general idea is about harnessing "the force" by "grabbing the funk and kicking it out." There is, of course, a special signature move that exemplifies this entire theory which he loves to demonstrate in class and, naturally, at dinner parties. Do you understand now why I'm so proud of him? I am obviously marrying the right dude.

But now, after chaperoning prom this weekend, Jon has added the following footnotes and observations to his age-old dancing theory:

1. Girls like to dance. Guys DON'T but they are left with absolutely no choice. They MUST dance if they want to be able to rub up against the girls.

2. Chaperoning high school dances could prove to be an excellent form of birth control. And I quote, "It is so painful to watch them try to dance. I never want to MAKE anyone who does that! I don't want to be responsible for creating anything capable of that awkwardness. We should come to more of these."

Posted by Poka Bean at 10:26 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 3:22 PM  
    I think I just peed a little.
    Jon, once again, has brought a profound truth to the forefront of my thoughts -- boys just want to rub against girls. It's so simple, but true.

    PS -- Just so SOMEONE says it, chaperoning is NOT an effective means of birth control. I highly suggest you keep taking those little pills :) Of course, the alternative is that I get to fulfill my destiny and become Auntie Em -- a title I CANNOT wait to embrace.

Post a Comment

« Home