Friday, May 20, 2005

interview with a lopez

The chain-email questionnaire concept has made its inevitable entrance into the blogosphere. I should have seen this coming.

My apologies to those who find this annoying but I can't help it. I'm a sucker for these things. Does it make me narcissistic because I love the chance to answer questions about myself? It think it does, but I'm okay with that. Thank you, Carolyn, for including me in the fun...

1. How did you meet your soon-to-be husband?
'Tis a marvelous story but kind of long if you want to hear the full version. The short version is this: We were introduced by mutual friends two summers ago, we hung out with our group of mutual friends several times over the course of that summer but didn't go on our first date until the night before Jon drove back to Minnesota for an entire year. We knew there was something there worth pursuing, though, so after that one date we decided to stay together and see what happened. We dated long distance for that whole year before he moved back to California last August. We got engaged on Christmas Day, 2005.

Only 47 more days until the wedding, but it's not like I'm counting or anything.

2. What was your favorite childhood game?
Make believe. I lived in my head as a kid and spent the better part of my childhood wrapped up in my own imagination climbing the tree in our front yard and riding my bike around the neighborhood like I owned the place. Take a peek back in the Poka Bean archives and you shall see...I was a childhood nut job.

Oh, and does anyone remember that TV show Scarecrow & Mrs. King? I totally wanted to be Kate Jackson so I went around pretending to be Mrs. King a lot.

Spies + Romantic Tension = Alluring, Magical Duo That I Cannot Resist

This may explain why I love Alias so much as an adult.

3. What is your biggest fear?
This is a three-way tie between failure, losing a loved one, and getting my foot run over by a car. Or worse, a truck or SUV. I don't know why, but I'm convinced it's going to happen to me and it's going to suck.

4. Have you ever broken the law?
I suppose the answer is technically yes if you count the one speeding ticket to my name but I totally went to traffic school and isn't that supposed to scratch it from the record?

Otherwise, no. I'm a goodie goodie, also know by my friends as a Stick in the Mud. I have the world's strongest guilty conscience so I don't like to break the rules. The mental consequences are too much for me to bear. Guilt is anguish and is to be avoided at all cost.

The extent of my wild, rebellious side is the stud in my nose, the occassional disregard for my turn signal, and my recent decision to rage against the french manicure machine by deciding to wear clear nail polish to my wedding. HA! Take that! Who says you have to have a french manicure when you get married anyway? HOGWASH, I tell you. Not gonna do it.

5. Go-go boots or stilettos?
Stilettos, baby. But only on the rare ocassion I actually dress up and wear something other than flip flops, God's Perfect Shoe.

************************************
Want to play?
The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Posted by Poka Bean at 1:53 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 3:14 PM  
    Narciss-who? TOTALLY love the interviewing game. And am just now realizing how bitter I am about being so busy at work -- it has required far too great a cutback in my blog reading time.

    I can't believe that we could have been playing the interview game weeks ago -- If only I had know the treasures that await in your blog!

    INTERVIEW ME!!!
  2. Blogger Twinkle Twinkle Little Star posted at 2:39 AM  
    IS IT TOO LATE TO BE INTERVIEWED? Blast my busy-ness/sleepyness!!! I miss out on all the blogging fun!

Post a Comment

« Home