Wednesday, June 01, 2005

regarding that which i have already mentioned

A number of things have come up this week that harken back to topics I have written about on this site so I've decided to update you on them all at once:

1. Found out today that the out of order bathroom note leaver lady here at work has a bachelors degree, two masters degrees and a doctorate. This explains why she is far too important and busy to call the Maintenance department and report that the toilet is broken. Obviously she only has but enough precious time to scribble a note and leave it behind for us lesser-educated potty-using minions.

2. Jon has officially given me permission to call him by a bonafide term of endearment. OF HIS OWN VOLITION. And not just ANY term of endearment but my personal FAVORITE: Love. He doesn't wince when I say it, he doesn't even just grin and bear it. Folks, he actually LIKES it. I don't know what brought this change of heart but I am not asking questions. Why argue over being made whole again?

3. Got my first angry comment on this site. To 777 I would like to say I'm sorry you felt my expose on the memorial bumper sticker was unjust but if you had more carefully read what I wrote, you would have realized that I was pleading for someone to explain the reasoning behind this act to me, not simply to disparage it. You would have realized that I didn't intend to offend anyone or sound vicious but that I simply do not understand these adhesive memorials. Perhaps you could shed a little light? Doubtful since you will not likely ever revisit my site although, of course, you are always welcome back.

4. Lastly and most importantly, I must report that the unthinkable has been found. Concrete proof. Actual evidence. Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially in posession of a photograph of me wearing the infamous vegetable bathing suit. I'm not quite ready to show this to the world - it's too painful - but if and when I decide to take the plunge, I promise that you, my faithful readers, will be the first to know.

Posted by Poka Bean at 3:05 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Emily posted at 4:11 PM  
    Great post!

    First and foremost -- sorry about neggy neggerson the mean spirited commenter. Though, I think that does mean you've hit a new level of bloggerism.

    Secondly, I LOVE "love" -- I tried to convince Mark that I should be able to call him "darling" but he quickly put the kabbash on that one. Of course, I didn't actually want to call him darling, I just wanted to have the option. Not to mention that it's so rarely used, it would make us unique. But still, he was not going to play into my evil game. So, I commend both you and Jon for finding a happy, common ground.

    Thirdly, I CANNOT believe that you have not shown me THE photo. Shame.

Post a Comment

« Home