lucy sits for her portrait
:: the intense, irresistable puppy stare ::
:: playing hard to get ::
:: mysterious & aloof ::
:: puppy in the wild. also, the dog equivalent of "runs with scissors." ::
Posted by Poka Bean at 7:17 PM
i've been tagged
Thanks to my lovely sister Bearca, I've been tagged. 3 things you wish for (just for you)
1. To have lots of kids and be able to be a stay-at-home mom.
2. An endless supply of money to shop for gardening stuff, kitchen goods, books, cute jeans and shoes.
3. To be able to eat all the ice cream I want without ever gaining any weight.3 things you would do to/for yourself if there was no one to judge you (or if you had the guts to do it!)
1. Quit my job and work at a flower stand or plant nursery.
2. Go to nursing school (this one falls under the "guts to do it" category).
3. Tell rude people off. 3 habits you have
1. Feeling guilty about everything (my sister and I are a lot alike).
2. Picking at my cuticles. UGH!
3. Falling asleep during movies. Ones I watch at home and at the theater too. I suck.3 insecurities you feel
1. That people don't really like me, they are just pretending.
2. That I'm not the wife Jon deserves.
3. That I don't kick butt at my job. 3 talents/skills you wish you had
2. Gourmet cooking.
3. Shutting off things that bother me, hurt me or stress me out. 3 things you would do if you had more time
1. Read more.
2. Garden more.
3. Do more yoga.3 things that bring you peace/relaxation
1. The crock pot.
2. Fridays - my only full day off of work.
3. Going for long walks with Jon and Lucy in our neighborhood.3 things that spark your creativity
2. My awesomely artistic and green thumby neighbors.
3. Trying out new foods and figuring out how to make them.
Okay, now it's your turn Eliza
and Undercover Celebrity
unless of course I've been out of the blogging world so long I'm clueless that you actually STARTED this and have therefore already answered these questions - a likely scenario. (And sorry I can't link to your blogs but I'm doing this on Jon's Mac and I don't have the same options as when I blog on my PC. Am I just retarded? That's an even MORE likely scenario.)
Posted by Poka Bean at 6:45 PM
d is for DUDE, this alphabet thing is boring
Okay, change in plans. I'm not quite ready to roll out the alphabetized chronicles of my life in a way that is worthy of the concept or actually interesting enough to read so I'm pulling the plug on this project. Temporarily, at least. I feel too boxed in, too confined. I need to spread my wings and feel free enough to write about really meaningless crap like in the good old days. Heck, I'm feeling better already.
Alright, so meaningless crap. Here goes:
1. We got a puppy. Lucy. She's a lot of fun although I found her to be considerably MORE fun before she began shedding half her body weight in dog hair every day.
Lucy's favorite activity is to pick up assorted items on our walks to carry along in her mouth. Not to chew on or to eat, just to carry. For the most part she picks up sticks or pinecones which I deem acceptable but now and again she goes for something gross and I have to intervene. This morning she picked up what appeared to be a flat, brownish stick/leaf/dirt bundle that seemed harmless so I let her trot along with it in tow. Half a mile later, however, I discovered she was actually sucking on a dead rat that had been flattened by a car, stiffened by its state of rigor mortis and coated in dirt. Sometimes I think it's odd we call these creatures "domesticated."
2. San Diego is on the brink of a big winter storm which is to say that it might actually drop down to 50 degrees and rain for half an hour. I'm on the edge of my seat. Perhaps it will get cold enough that I'll need to knit myself a cozy sweater out of the collection of dog hair I'm harvesting. Bring it on, I'm prepared.
3. I joined a book club. The first meeting was a flop since no one had finished the book but in our defense it was a bit of a toughie and very hard to follow. So it's on to the next read and I remain optimistic.
4. I'm taking Jon on a surprise date tonight to a place called Jimmie Red Hots, alleged home of the world's best burgers and polish dogs although I've not yet been there to corroborate this claim. Tonight we test the theory and I'm really hoping my co-workers haven't hyped it up for nothing. Stay tuned for the full report and of course, a bunch more meaningless crap.
Posted by Poka Bean at 3:23 PM
c is for comb, as in honey...or for CRAP, there's a bee hive in our yard
The "bee man" paid us a visit last weekend. He came to take care of the small swarm of bees that had been hovering around the front step to our landlord's art shack in the backyard for the last few months. Little did we know he would uncover this...
:: the bee man at work ::
:: THAT was underneath the front step all this time? ::
:: close up of the honeycomb ::
:: see those little white bits? that's bee larva. ::
:: itty bitty baby bees forming in the honeycomb ::
:: the fruits of their labor. lucky me! ::
Posted by Poka Bean at 3:35 PM